Unnamed Road, Aidonia
Enjoy a unique vacation experience on Andros island, in a comfortable apt settled in a unique medieval building! Located at the historic but recently restored,"Stone Tower" of the #########'s with shared pool,it consists of 1 bedroom with sea view, a full bathroom, the main open area where the living room with sofa bed and dining table for 4 are and a fully equipped kitchen. A lovely veranda offers stunning view over the island and the Aegean Sea while you chill out after a long day of touring.
On the island of Andros, located at the SE region of Korthion Bay, the Stone Tower dominates the traditional residential, pedestrian village of “Aidonia”. (Aidonia is the name of the bird “nightingale” in the greek language). This elegant family mansion was built in ######### following the traditional architectural style of the so called “pyrgospita”. Minimal rigid lines, thick stone walls, volume and characteristic “sardella” plaster contribute to the impressiveness of the building.
The real value of the house, apart of its historic dimension, is the feeling, the aura of living there. This cannot be depicted in photos or texts. At the moment, the tower is operating as a “boutique” holiday residence, for guests looking for “alternative” style of relaxation and holiday. An open-air swimming pool offers relaxation under the sun or the stars and stunning view over the island, Korthion bay and the endless Aegean sea. Suitable for couples, families with children, lone adventurers, artists and business travelers.
Top level apt's romantic bedroom includes a double bed and enjoys spectacular views over Andros island and the Aegean Sea. There is also a sofa-bed in the living room area that is suitable for 1 person and a full bathroom with bathtub. An extra folding bed or baby cot may be available upon request! The top level apartment has also two comfortable verandas one front veranda with panoramic sea view and picturesque island view and one rear veranda giving view to the village churches.
We offer you a bottle of our small production quality wine, of local variety grapes. A unique chance to taste Andros' wine in the heart of the harvest season!
· Stone built traditional house
· Sofa bed (*suitable for 1)
· 1 double bed
· 1 folding bed (*available upon request)
· Pack ’n Play/travel crib (*available upon request)
· 1 Mosquito net
· Oven & hob
· Coffee machine & Kettle
· Shampoo – douchgel - hand soap
· Shared swimming pool
· 2 Verandas & outdoor furniture
· 1 Free private parking spot in the premises
· Fresh sheets and towels are provided and the house is cleaned before each visit.
· Central heating & boiler for immediate hot water supply 24Η.
· Shared washer may be available for our guests upon request and an extra fee may apply. Contact the owner to check for availability!
· Private underground water tank offering free water from the natural spring, in order to be used for watering the garden!
Today, Stone Tower (Pyrgospito) which has been converted in a three level-high residence, each level corresponding to an independent traditional apartment with separate entrance: Pool level apartment, Middle level apartment and Upper level apartment. Each residence is a complete house, offering comfort and quality stay with panoramic view. Beside the Stone Tower, at the place where the ruins of the old stalls were, are the newly built studios. The owners stay there, at the groundfloor studio and they will always be there to welcome you at the house when you arrive. Since we highly value and respect your privacy during your vacation, we will always be available, providing assistance ONLY when needed and requested by our guests!
• You will have the privacy of the entire Top level apartment and 1 parking spot inside the premises.
• Shared swimming pool & garden.
• You can either book for separated apartments with shared swimming pool, or book the entire property and have the privacy of the whole Stone Tower unit. In case you are interested in reserving the entire property please contact us to check the availability.
Interaction with Guests:
Once a booking is made we will contact you with a confirmation email containing important information such as directions and check in instructions.
Either the owner or someone of her trust will always be there to welcome you at the house when you arrive.
WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!
Andros island in Greece stands out for the abundant waters, the tall trees and its numerous beautiful beaches. The island is about 40 km long and a width of 17 km. According to the poet Andreas Embirikos, “the island…is the queen of the Aegean…the most beautiful of all the world”. Andros island, due to its short distance from Athens and its diversity, is ideal for everyone. A place to relax, have fun, taste traditional dishes as well as modern cuisine and swim. Explore also the spiritual side, its monasteries and churches. The capital of the island is Chora, a lovely village with narrow paved streets, beautiful mansions and interesting museums. The symbol of Andros is the lighthouse at the entrance of the port of Chora, an old lighthouse that stands on a rock in the sea.
You will experience the comforts, but you will come also in contact with the vast nature and its paths. Andros island is a unique destination. It is ideal for short escapes. Andros island is like a miniature of Greece. It has countless amazing beaches, high mountains, many ravines, small rivers, valleys planted with vines, running waters, cypresses, oak trees, fruit trees, olives, healing springs. The island has rich geographical contrasts and combines the dry Cycladic landscape with abundant vegetation and waters. Also rare predators such as Anake-eagle, Petritis and Mavropetritis, a medium-sized hawk with long wings that are among the most endangered species in Europe. Half of their population lives in the Aegean world. The Mavropetritis comes and reproduces in Andros and then emigrates to spend the winter in distant Madagascar.
· At a distance of just 1,5 km, the picturesque fishermen village of Bay Korthion, is offering a virgin long sandy beach as well as market, and a few small seaside restaurants to enjoy local gastronomy and coffee while enjoying the sound of the sea.
· Andros has many beautiful beaches to satisfy even the most demanding visitor. Other are sandy, pebble others, but all have crystal clear water that you can not resist their charm. Not far away,(within 15 mins) a second more sophisticated small sandy beach with a rock in the middle, named “Pidima tis Grias” from an old legend. The island of Andros has 34 beaches of natural beauty and crystal clear waters, for the visitor to discover. Visit: Zorkos, Paraporti, Vlixada, Pisolimionas, Fellos, Golden Beach, Kipri, Batsi, Agia Marina, Xalkolimionas, Apothikes, Plaka, Agios Iοannis, To Pidima tis Grias, Sineti, Lidi, Neiborio, Gialia (ebros and piso), Axla, Vori, Ateni, Gavrio, Ormos Korthiou.
Apart from beaches and natural beauty, the island of Andros has a long naval tradition. Wealthy families with heritage in the ship business ,offer tribute to their native land, by creating important cultural infrastructure. Attend music concerts and the anual Festival in the newly – built "Open Andros Theater" (inspired by the ancient greek theatres) for a quality experience.
· THE UNTOUCHED BEAUTY : Andros is the only island in Europe with “certified” old stone paths. The natural beauty of the island is an attraction for hikers. Traditional mule paths, some dating from Classical times, criss-cross the island and open up unexpected views of the magnificent landscape. They lead to lonely beaches, remote mountain scenery, secret valleys and many unspoiled hamlets.The Paths of Andros are :
1) Upper Aprovatou - Lamyra
2) Vourkoti - Monastery of Agios Nikolaos - Achla Beach
3) Chora - Sineti - Dipotamata - Kochylou – Ormos Korthi
4) Stiva Rogou - Giannisaio - Mesa Vouni
5) Rachi – Agios Ioannis (Kremides)
6) Chora - Apikia - Katakalaioi - Vourkoti
7) Church of Agia Triada - Ancient Zagora - Oreino - Single Panachrantou
8) Monastery of Panachrantou - Messaria - Menites
9) Apikia - Stenies - Gialos beach
10) Vourkoti – Agioi Saranta
· The Agios Petros Tower
· The Monastery Zoodochos Pigi
· The Monastery Panachrantou
· The Archaeological museum of Paleopoli
· The Archaeological museum of Chora
· The Goulandris Museum of Contemporary Art in Chora
· The Naval Museum in Chora
· The Kaireios Library in Chora
· The Cultural and Spiritual Center Kydonieos Foundation in Chora
· The Folklore museum and Christian Art in Chora,
· The Folklore museum and cultural heritage Synetiou in Chora
· The Ancient Zagora
· The Pano Kastro (Upper Castle) or Faneromeni Castle or The Old Lady's Castle
Gavrion is at a distance of 35 km and it is the main port of Andros. All ferries from Rafina arrive there. Because of its proximity to the second most important harbour of Attica, Rafina, the island of Andros has become a favourite weekend destination for the Athenians. However, it is also great for long holidays due to the relaxing atmosphere and the beautiful nature.
• Bus itineraries are arranged to match with ferry arrivals/departures. Take the bus from Gavrion Port and hop off at Aidonia settlement. Stone Tower (Pirgospito #########) is within 1min from bus stop.
Other Things to Note:
When originally built, the Mansion...
You can cancel free of charge before making the first payment. Once the first payment has been made, no amount will be refunded.
If you choose Paypal or Bank Transfer as your payment method, you'll be required to cover the total amount at the time of booking. The cancellation conditions for credit card bookings will apply in such cases (see time frames). International bank transfers will not be accepted if they have not been made 4 working days prior to arrival at the apartment.
It is not required - It is not necessary to leave a security deposit
Any kind of pet
Cleaning included in the price