Apartments in Gran Canary: Accommodations with a taste of the sea
Gran Canary is an island that has it all: ocean, mountains, sand dunes, cities, rural towns, and historical and cultural heritage. Its climate is ideal year round thanks to its location in the Atlantic Ocean across from Africa, making it one of the preferred tourist destinations for Europeans. Its volcanic origin gave way to incredible landscapes, which are the delight of photography enthusiasts. It’s home to 33 areas that belong to the Canary Network of Protected Natural Spaces. At the Nublo Rural Park you can go for a hike and observe the flora, fauna and geological formations. It’s famous for its beaches with warm water almost every day of the year. The local cuisine and nocturnal panoramas are other attractions that make this island a holiday paradise. And to ensure that your stay results in an unforgettable experience, you can rent one of our Gran Canary apartments.
Accommodation in Gran Canary
There is a wide variety of Gran Canary accommodations. Only-apartments has the best offer for your fun-filled days. We have perfectly decorated apartments that are furnished for short and long stays. Our luxurious apartments have everything you need, the only thing that’s missing is you. For those who only need a place to sleep there are incredible studios close to the best locations for having fun. Gran Canary also has many types of accommodations like all-inclusive hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs, family hostels and of course our collection of apartments.
Places to go in Gran Canary
- Playa del Inglés is the biggest tourist center of the island. More than two kilometers of fine sand have turned it into the ideal place for beach and sun enthusiasts. The beach actually begins at Maspalomas, famous for its three environmental systems: dunes, the coastal lagoon known as la Charca and el Palmeral. There are restaurants, bars, nightclubs, hotels and different types of accommodations.
- Las Palmas de Gran Canary is the capital of the Province and has five beaches, La Cantera, Las Alcaravaneras, El Confital, La Laja and San Cristóbal. La Cantera is an urban beach with golden sand and has been recognized for its environmental management. The city has many parks, squares, churches and emblematic buildings such as the Alfredo Krauss Auditory, where the Las Palmas de Gran Canary International Film Festival takes place. We also have the Pérez Galdós theatre or the Woermann tower.
- Agaete is a small coastal town located in the northeast of the island, known for the variety of products the local cuisine incorporates. It’s a great place for getting grilled fish, sardines, local cheeses and enjoying a smooth local coffee at one of its great restaurants. One of its famous landmarks is the rock formation called Dedo del Dios (finger of God).
- Pasito Blanco is a wonderful port ideal for practicing water sports, used as the last point of land before sailing out to sea. It has exclusive luxury villas, hotels, apartments and restaurants. If you enjoy sport fishing there are great places to throw out your hook. There are various courses for golf enthusiasts, like la Melonera, del Salobre and Anfi Tauro.
- Vecindario is located in the southeast of Gran Canary, a city known for its shopping centers, banks and boulevards. Although it doesn’t have a beach, close by you can find Ingenio, Santa Lucía de Tirajana and Agüimes. The Zafrao Museum located at Isla de la Graciosa Street 33 is an interesting place that covers the history of the production of tomato; the tickets cost €2.50.
- Teror or Villa Mariana del Teror is at the north of the island. One of its attractions is the Doramas Rural Park and the protected landscape of Pino Santo, where you can go hiking and bird watching. The Císter Monastery is the place to buy artisanal sweets. The Fuente Agria is composed of three springs in the ravine of Teror.
- San Agustín is a calm beach surrounded by hotels and white houses with lots of activities. The beach is well protected against currents and has a gentle slope ideal for scuba diving and snorkeling. On the boardwalk you can find special seafood restaurants, cafes, bars and shops.
- Ingenio is a community where traditional Canarian customs are still preserved, they celebrate the International Folklore Festival every year. It has two beaches near to the airport: El Burrero and San Agustín. El Burrero is the better known of the two; it has a boat ramp, solarium, restaurants and cafes. The “Calados” crafts, made solely by women, reflect the community’s heritage. You can buy handicrafts on the Ramón y Cajal Street Nº1.
- At the southwest of Gran Canary is Mogán, known as the orchard of tropical fruits. You can visit the Molino de Viento Museum, the San Antonio de Padua Church and go hiking along the rocky landscape with lush vegetation. There are great restaurants with local products and inviting cafes. There is also a thriving tourist industry along the coast, with luxurious urbanizations and hotel facilities.
- Fataga is located in the Mil Palmeras Valley 30 minutes away from Playa del Inglés. It’s a village nestled on a bluff with beautiful rural houses, craft shops, palm trees, restaurants and bars. If you visit Fataga don’t miss the opportunity to ride a camel.
- In the center of Gran Canary is Tejeda, a rural community that has the most representative landscapes of the island, such as Roque Nublo, Roque Bentayga and Caldera Tejeda. Some places to visit are the Parador Cruz de Tejeda located 7 kilometers from the town and at a height of 1,560 meters, the Museum of Traditions or the Center of Medicinal Plants. There are hotels, restaurants and bakeries where you must try the almond marzipan and bienmesabe (syrup of ground almonds).
- Puerto Rico is a family friendly beach. It offers a huge range of activities such as jet skiing, sailing, diving, fishing, windsurfing, boat trips along the coast, dolphin watching and glass-bottomed boat trips. It also has numerous restaurants, cafes, shops, bars and nightlife.
Our Gran Canary apartments are close to all of these places, they are the best and least expensive on the market and they are superbly equipped in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible during your vacation.
How to get to Gran Canary
The Gran Canary airport is located 18 kilometers from Las Palmas. If you want to travel by bus you should take line number 1, which will take you to the center of Las Palmas or to Mogán. You can also take a taxi or rent a car from the airport.